- 2 tablespoons (30ml) olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 pounds (908) jumbo shrimp in the shell, preferably head on
- 2 cups (480 ml) dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh Italian parsley
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, or more to taste
- 1 tablespoon (14 grams) unsalted butter
Place a 10-to-12 inch skillet over medium heat, and when it is hot, add the olive oil.
Add the garlic and sauté them quickly until they are bright pink, about 2 minutes.
Add the wine, parsley, salt and red pepper flakes, reduce the heat to medium, and simmer until the wine has reduced by half, 3 minutes.
Add the butter, toss the shrimp well, and serve immediately.
Bring water to a boil, add 1pound of #11 Spaghetti, and cook until very Al dente. Add spaghetti to Scampi preparation, toss and serve immediately.
With Broccoli Rabe:
- Broccoli Rabe
- 4 garlic cloves
Cut stems of broccoli rabe. Bring water to a boil, add broccoli rabe and blanch rabe for about 1 minute, remove and squeeze dry.
Add broccoli to a medium sauté pan and cover with olive oil. Add 4 smashed garlic cloves, when slightly colored add broccoli rabe, sprinkle with salt to taste.
Cover with lid, toss during 1 minute intervals. Repeat process for about 3 minutes. Plate, add Scampi preparation and serve.
You can be the first one to leave a comment.