- 1 1/2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons red wine
- 3/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons good-quality olive oil, divided
- 3 1/2 ounces Italian pancetta, sliced 1/2-inch thick and cut into 1/4-inch-by- 1/2-inch strips
- 1 tablespoon mixed fresh herbs (any combination of rosemary, thyme, basil, savory, chives, oregano and mint)
- 6 large eggs
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 4 cups washed, mixed salad greens and arugula, torn into bite-size pieces
For the dressing, whisk together the red wine vinegar, balsamic vinegar and red wine in a small bowl with the salt and pepper. Whisk in 2 tablespoons of olive oil and set aside.
Place the remaining olive oil and pancetta in a large frying pan and cook over medium heat until the pancetta is transparent, about 5 to 7 minutes. Add the herbs.
Beat the eggs with a pinch of salt and pepper to taste and pour them into the pan. Cook, stirring, until they form large, soft curds. If you see they are drying, take them off the heat and continue stirring.
Place the greens in a large shallow bowl and dress with just enough of the dressing to coat the leaves very lightly. Add the egg mixture and toss until well distributed. Serve