- 6 large shrimp, boiled and peeled
- 4 large calamari, cleaned and cut length wise
- 4 large scallops
- 12 littleneck clams, brushed and washed
- 1 small red onion, sliced thinly
- 2 beef steak or heirloom tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 10 basil leaves, sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoons of red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- ¼ cup of white wine
- Salt to taste
- Crushed red pepper to taste
Place seafood in a pan or on a grill over medium-high heat. Sautee the clams in a little olive oil, in a pan with a splash of white wine. Cook over the grill for 4 minutes, and put aside.
Sautee the clams until open and set aside. Remove clams from the grill and save the juice. In a bowl, combine the onions, tomato, and basil, add salt to taste. Add 2 tablespoons of red wine vinegar, olive oil, and lemon juice, toss well.
Place the tomatoes and onions in a serving plate, leave dressing in bowl. Add all the seafood and clams to the bowl and toss. Add clam juice and salt and pepper to taste. Serve over the salad, serve immediately.