Fegatini di Pollo alla Florentina
(Makes 4 appetizer servings)
- 1 pound chicken livers (fancy)
- 4 medium size shallots
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 fennel (medium size) cut tops
- salt and pepper
- Wash and dry chicken livers, set aside over paper towel. Slice shallots very thin and set aside.
- Preheat a medium skillet with 4 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat. Add shallots and cook for 2 minutes. Add chicken livers and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Turn chicken livers a couple of times until tender, still over medium heat. Add wine and cook down for about 2 minutes. Add butter and let simmer for another minute.
- Cut fennel into four quarters and cut each quarter julienne style. In a bowl, mix julienned fennel, remaining 4 tablespoons of olive oil and salt and pepper to taste.
- In each plate, place equal parts fennel in a salad shape and top with 3 chicken livers. Top with shallots and serve immediately.
You can be the first one to leave a comment.