Bucatini Cacio e Pepe
- Kosher salt
- 7 oz. pasta (such as tagliolini, bucatini, or spaghetti)
- 4 Tbsp. unsalted butter, cubed, divided
- 1 tsp. freshly cracked black pepper
- 2/4 cup finely grated Grana Padano or Parmesan
- 2/4 cup finely chopped Pecorino
Bring 3 quarts water to a boil in a 5-qt. pot. Season with salt; add pasta and cook, stirring occasionally, until about 2 minutes before tender. Drain, reserving 3/4 cup of the pasta water.
Melt 2 Tbsp. butter in a large heavy skillet over medium heat. Add pepper, cook; swirling pan, until toasted, for about 1 minute. Add 1/2 cup reserved pasta water to skillet and bring to a simmer. Add pasta and remaining butter. Reduce heat to low and add Grana Padano, stirring and tossing with tongs until melted.
Remove pan from heat; add Pecorino, stirring and tossing until cheese melts, sauce coats the pasta, and pasta is al dente. (Add more pasta water if sauce seems dry.) Transfer pasta to warm bowls and serve.
You can be the first one to leave a comment.